PDA

View Full Version : LJ 4+/4M+ help needed

beedubs
09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
I have a 4+ that has a sensor problem, I believe. I'm just unaware where to look for the sensor. When printing multiple documents, the first page starts to print fine, but when it's about 2/3 of the way out, or at the same time that the second page is hitting the fuser, it stops. I'm guessing sensor, but could be wrong. I have an extra 4+/4m+ to pull parts from, so that's not an issue, but like I said, have no idea where to look or which one to replace. Any help is greatly appreciated.

beedubs
09-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Sorry, I should've checked the post below mine by Rita first. Stay tuned, will get back if that doesn't help me as well.

Sorry again.

ukprinterrepair
09-10-2004, 06:20 AM
alright mate..

the problem could be your exit rollers. I would reccomend getting some fine sandpaper and just roughing the rollers in the exit rollers.
it could also be the gear train at the back right hand side of the printer.
or build up of toner on side of fuser

Richard
09-12-2004, 08:20 PM
:) Replace Your Paper Output Assembly This Will Resolve Your Problem Part# Rg5-0886

wwward
09-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Error 13.6 maybe? I just had to replace a fuser for that problem, but the cicumstances were a bit special. Problem only occured when a heavier letterhead was fed from the Manual tray followed by standard paper from the main tray. This could be ruled out by swapping fuser units. Very easily done assuming you have the same model as your spare.

DaFoerster
09-23-2004, 06:58 AM
I agree with Richard to replace the output assembly, I support about 20 of these and this is one of the most common paper jam issues. Is the Paper once removed look like a Japanese fan?