PDA

View Full Version : LaserJet 4000T

terry
08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
My Laserjet 4000T has made about 68K copies since I bought it new years ago. It has been making noises now when it prints. Like it needs to be lubricated?? Squeeking noises? I open and close the two paper drawers often when switching form types.
Does it need a maintenance kit? Specs. say to replace rollers etc. at 200K.
Thanks! :(

Frogs31
08-19-2004, 03:16 PM
It would not hurt to replaced the Feed/Separation Rollers, 2 per tray. I have found that they need replaced much more frequently than 200K. This is also probably the easiest solution if it works. If it doesn't work let us know and I can give you som more imput.

Frogs31

terry
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks very much FROGS31! I will go ahead and order the maintenance kit and replace whatever comes with it from PrinterTechs.com. I just wanted another option as I am not genius here! Afterall this is a project for a man! :0) I appreciate the fast reply VERY MUCH.
Terry

glocker21
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
The parts you will need are as follows...

Feed/Seperation Roller RF5-3114
Pick Up Roller Tray 1 RG5-3718
Pick Up Roller Tray2 & 3 RG5-8865 (If you have these)
Pickup Assembly RG5-2484 ("D" Rollers) ( bear in mind these may come as 1/2 "D" due to a design change a few years ago

Hope this helps

ptjeff1
08-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Squeeks can be hard to pinpoint. Sometimes the toner will be the problem, also we've found the two plastic shafts under the toner that hold the rubber belt in place can squeek. Pull out the toner and you'll see the belt and shafts. Otherwise there are MANY places in the printer that can cause noises. Sorry we can't get too specific.

ukprinterrepair
09-10-2004, 06:23 AM
i would also reccomend splitting the clutch on the paper tray and removing the pieces of toner. these can be found at the right of the seperation rollers

jim59105
09-30-2004, 11:30 AM
I repaired about 15 printers with paper moans when printing trom tray 2 or 3.
The seperation clutch had TOO MUCH grip and transmitted too much torque. The seperation clutch is supposed to slip. Usually the clutch gets tighter as it ages and counter-acts what the feed rollers are doing.

Replace the seperation clutch (small black & white drum next to the seperation/lower rollerin the paper cassette)or split it and remove a little iron filings at a time until the moan goes away when feeding from the tray you are working on.

Other common noise is squeek from top /final delivery roller shaft.

jim 10 years exp.