PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Text (White on Black Background)

scott
08-17-2004, 02:21 AM
:confused: Hi guys,

I have a query about a 4100TN

the user prints her document but it comes out inverted,.

ie Black page with white text.

I am unable to get to the printer at the moment but i suggested she replace toner and see if re occurs, she does say that cycling the power clears the problem.

so its either :

1. Toner
2. Driver Issue on Local PC,
3. Driver on Printer Server
4. PCA may be defective.

but i want to find as many possibles before i go and look at it later this week.
Do you guys think this is a good path to start.

I am new to printers so want to make sure.

Thanks for any help..

Placebo
08-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Find out if it does the same thing on an internal test print. If it does then it is likely a logic problem with either the dc controller or the formatter pca. I would guess the formatter first.

scott
08-18-2004, 05:26 AM
ran test print (print config)

appears ok. no fault, yet the user says it's intermittant,

any other ideas. :confused:

oh and i got and HP 8000 with a 55a error , i think fuser am i close or miles off. :)

thanks for the help

Placebo
08-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Intermittant problems always adds more guesswork :confused: If they can get it to do it on a test print that would help isolate it. Updating/reloading the driver wouldn't hurt. If it can't be reproduced with a self test then it must be either driver or software.

As far as the 8000 55a error, I think that is related to the formatter board.

ptjeff1
08-26-2004, 03:49 PM
If you have replaced the toner, check the contacts to the toner, ie if you remove the left panel and remove the toner there is a grounding spring next to the exhaust fan. It's a circular spring with long ends that make contact with the toner and a metal clip near the bottom of the exhaust fan. If the spring is whacked out of place you'll have problems.

Also could be a problem with the DC-controller board.