PDA

View Full Version : My Canon S200SPx is driving me to the brink!

NoNpLuSsEd
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi to all the PrinterTechs Forum!

I'm new to this forum and I'm also getting desperate with my printer.

It's not acting in a predictable manner as it has been for the past year and a half since I bought it.

It will not print consistantly in either colour or black.

It will not stay installed after I uninstalled/reinstalled it in the hope that it would fix the problem.

Sometimes it works fine, I even printed a good colour jpeg.

Then the next time i try the colours are poor.

It can occasionally print out a plain black text doc but if there are any coloured fonts then they come out in a funny colour not the intended one!

Last night I spent hours trying to reinstall it without any luck then suddenly it installed correctly???

Then this morning I tried to print a doc and the app told me there was no printer installed and no matter what I did the device mgr didnt find the new hardware???

I have done everything in my power to troubleshoot the issue and now I am ready to toss it in front of the nearest truck passing by!

I'm desperate!!

Someone please help me!!!!!!!!

NoNpLuSsEd
08-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Hello....anyone there....????

ptjeff1
08-21-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm not familiar with the printer you are using but as a general rule we won't service inkjets since they basically have become disposable. Because of the low cost of the printers parts are usually not available or not worth purchasing and installing. It sounds like you have driver problems and maybe hardware issues. Try downloading the latest driver from Canon. If the printer is under warranty you might want to contact a Canon service center.