PDA

View Full Version : secure springs to pad separator

MitzMN
07-17-2005, 11:30 AM
I am doing a maintenance upgrade on an HP 4000 and having a devil of a time getting the separator pad installed. The springs keep falling off before I can finish the job. In attempting to secure them more tightly before losing them inside the printer yet again, I was pushing down on them on the prongs of new separation pad when the separation pad broke in two.

I would suggest that you secure new springs to the new part somehow so that they don't continually fall off and I have to try to retrieve them inside the printer with a needlenose pliers and/or I, in an unskilled way, attempt to secure them and break the new part.

Waiting for the superglue to dry so I can attempt this process once more.

ptjeff1
07-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Yes, that can be a little tricky. On the LJ 4100's and I think some of the 4050's the separation pad is removable from the arm piece. Then you only need to pop the pad off of the arm. The two outer springs fit over a plastic nipple that hold them in place but a little glue shouldn't hurt if they don't stay in place while installing them.

actjac
10-14-2005, 07:56 PM
I have found that if you install the separator pad with only the center spring, then after it is in place I use hemostats to install the two side springs.