PDA

View Full Version : HP Office Jet d145 fax/scan issues

aaron757
07-13-2005, 11:21 PM
I am at a loss, whenever I try to use my d145 to fax (standalone or through the HP software) after it connects the front panel lights start to flash very fast and I get a message on the LCD to power on and power off the unit. I have tried reinstalling the drivers (however if it is doing this while standalone I don't think that's the issue), performing a partial reset while plugging directly into an outlet and not through a power strip and I have searched everywhere for any information. I've contacted HP but they just tell me that I don't have a support contract so they can't even tell me what the flashing lights mean. There are no error codes on the LCD or through the software, it just says to power the unit off and back on. Also, when trying to scan I do get an error about the document feeder having issues, however it actually pulls the documents through completely and then tells me there is a problem.

Any ideas? I'm about to chuck my printer out the window and never buy an HP again. (For some reason every HP I have ever owned has caused me nothing but hardware problems...)

Thanks in advance.