PDA

View Full Version : 10.10.0.0 Supplies Memory Error

jphillips
08-05-2004, 12:02 PM
We have a HP Laserjet 2300 network printer in our office. We are currently getting this error: 10.10.0.0 Supplies memory error.

The printer has 48mb of memory, which I know that it doesn't need more memory. Can one of the memory chips be bad? If anyone has come across this error or has any ideas of what could be causing this error, I would really appreciate it. I looked on the HP site and I couldn't find anything about this particular error.

Thanks for your help,
Jennifer Phillips
IT Consultant

Placebo
08-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Does the error come up after powering the printer on or after you send a document to the printer?

You can remove the memory and see if the error goes away. If you have more than one stick of memory remove one at a time until the bad one is isolated.

jphillips
08-05-2004, 12:17 PM
It shows up after a document has been sent to it. It then tells you to hit the Help button. After I hit the help button is says to turn the printer off and on and if the problems persists, then contact your adiminstrator.

I will try to remove one of the memory chips and see if that works.

Thanks for your reply :)

Jennifer Phillips

jphillips
08-05-2004, 01:04 PM
I checked the printer and there are three memory slots and there is only one memory chip. It is a 48mb chip. I took it out and put it back into the same slot. and turned the machine back on. I will see if I still continue to get this error...

Do you think I should switch memory slots if I continue to get this error?

Thanks,

Jennifer Phillips

Placebo
08-05-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure if you can switch slots in that model. Good idea though. Check your users manual and see if the slots are reserved for things like flash dimms or roms.

Here is a link that may help you.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=238800&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpl51389

jphillips
08-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I will take a look at the manual and see what it says.

Thanks for your all of your help,

Jennifer :)

Blue
08-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Hello,
A 10.10 memory error is usually caused by the toner cartridge. If you are using a recycled cartrtridge you can remove the chip and hit the go button and it should print or you could jus change the cartridge. Hope this helps.

-Blue

JJprinter
08-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Blue is right
The HP2300 cartridges have memory chips on the cartridge
It is suppose to say low toner but these new chips are just giving out error codes
Change the cartridge.
It has nothing to do with a recycled cartridge these chips are changed each time they are recycled because they are like a kill chip and once empty they do not work again
No sense in taking chip off if theres no toner you will run out of toner soon.

jmc
11-07-2005, 09:42 AM
If you remove the chip, will the cartridge continue to work? I have a 97% full one that is causing this error.