PDA

View Full Version : Getting 59.FO error again on HP Laserjet CM3530

ccr
03-22-2022, 04:39 PM
Firstly, why does it look like the forum has been wiped clean?

Secondly, I had this same problem a year ago with my HP CM3530 giving me a 59.FO error, replacing the fuser drive assembly which was a very complicated job for an end user like me fixed it but now seemingly exactly one year later to the day the error is back.

I'm not sure I want to go through such a huge amount of work again if it's just going to give me a year of use especially on such an old machine.

What do you suggest I do? I couldn't afford a new equivalent machine.

cs_steve
04-22-2022, 01:27 PM
Firstly, why does it look like the forum has been wiped clean?

Secondly, I had this same problem a year ago with my HP CM3530 giving me a 59.FO error, replacing the fuser drive assembly which was a very complicated job for an end user like me fixed it but now seemingly exactly one year later to the day the error is back.

I'm not sure I want to go through such a huge amount of work again if it's just going to give me a year of use especially on such an old machine.

What do you suggest I do? I couldn't afford a new equivalent machine.

That is quite an involved disassembly on your particular model.

First, I would run the ITB CONTACT / ALIENATION test to verify that the problem is once again the fuser drive assembly (if the gear is sticking / clicking, then it is the problem):
https://www.printertechs.com/printer-troubleshooting/479-59-f0-error-itb-contact-alienation-error-hp-laserjet-enterprise-color-cp3525-cm3530

These fuser drive assemblies are very hard to find. You can call us to check stock 866-352-7108.
If you prefer, the assemblies are repairable: there is a felt pad on the assembly's solenoid which gets gummy with age and causes the solenoid to stick. You can clean off the gummy pad and apply fresh felt.