PDA

View Full Version : LJ Pro 200 MFP M276NW plugged into 220v outlet

GeoGoGo
07-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have quite a problem here and I am hoping I can get some information on it. I have a LJ Pro 200 MFP M276NW that one of the techs was working on. He connected it to a 220V PDU somehow. As soon as he got the plug in the was a loud pop. No smoke or sizzle, just the pop. It has no power at all now, of course.

Does anyone have any idea if the whole printer is shot or is there a replaceable fuse or maybe a new power supply? Any ideas suggestions, information, or opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance. Hope you had a great 4th of July!

cs_steve
07-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have quite a problem here and I am hoping I can get some information on it. I have a LJ Pro 200 MFP M276NW that one of the techs was working on. He connected it to a 220V PDU somehow. As soon as he got the plug in the was a loud pop. No smoke or sizzle, just the pop. It has no power at all now, of course.

Does anyone have any idea if the whole printer is shot or is there a replaceable fuse or maybe a new power supply? Any ideas suggestions, information, or opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance. Hope you had a great 4th of July!

No way to know what boards are damaged. In that printer there is a low voltage power supply, high voltage power supply, fuser power supply assembly, as well as a DC controller PCA. With no power at all the low voltage power supply is definitely the most likely culprit, and it is the closest board to the incoming voltage, hopefully the short didn't extend past that board but no guarantees. That model M276nw is a fairly inexpensive machine so my instinct is the printer is not worth repairing.