PDA

View Full Version : HP CLJ 3700dn color registration issues

Compman55
06-25-2015, 09:16 AM
The issue I am having is the color are not lining up. Magenta and cyan are the main ones that are off. I noticed the toners are geunine, all have in the 90% range life left, and the transfer kit and fuser are like new as well with 90% left. They look like that is correct and not a service adjustment to fake it. I tried checking for visual aligmnet issues, cleaned the CPR sensors with windex and qtip, and reset the NVRAM, updated firmware, and ran probably 10 full calibration routines.

Lastly, I noticed the CYAN toner is out of a 3500 series, but research shows it to be compatible. I am not sure what the real difference is other than the part#

Any ideas?

cs_steve
07-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Calibration / alignment problems on this model are pretty much always related to faulty toners or faulty transfer belt.

Technically the Cyan cartridge from the 3500 is supposed to be a different cartridge than the 3700; only the Black cartridge is the same for 3500/3700. Since Cyan is one of the colors you list as being out of alignment, I would start with an alternate Cyan cartridge, one intended for the 3700. See if that resolves both the Cyan and Magenta alignment; if not, the Magenta cartridge would be your next recommended replacement piece, and finally replacing the transfer belt itself.