PDA

View Full Version : HP 5000 13.1 on MF tray

rlanzrath
07-30-2004, 09:34 AM
I had trouble with printing multiple pages from both the tray 1 (MF) and tray 2 and also was starting to have issues with the fuser, so I ordered a maint. kit form PrinterTechs and replaced the parts. However now I get a 13.1 on the MF tray. I noticed that the metal paper lifts goes up and down when powering on the printer however when I put paper into the tray and try to print the same metal part does not liftup and the printer makes a clicking sound. Anyone have any ideas? By the way does anyone now where the paper senors are located? I think they are on each side of the separation pad but I am not sure nor do I now how tell if there is something wrong with them.

rlanzrath
07-30-2004, 04:30 PM
After some additional reading I belive the maybe the Pickup solenoid is bad and thus not allowing the cam to lift the middle plate thus the paper is unable to be feed by the feed roller. Then I a am getting the 13.1 error. I am not sure about this and do wonder if maybe something is wrong with the cam......but as I stated before the printer does lift the middle plate upon startup. Does anyone have any ideas or should I just try a new solenoid? I don't think it is the paper sensors becuase when you put paper into the MF tray then it tries to print.

Help please