PDA

View Full Version : Accordian Ja in front of HP4050

Artie212
10-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Hello All,
I get a paper jam in the front before the toner cartridge and it does not matter if I use Tray 1 or 2. I cleaned out any paper and do not see any obstructions. Any ideas what is going on?
Art

Big Al
10-12-2013, 04:54 AM
The paper comes out of tray 1 or 2 vertically and flows up the front of the printer. Just below the toner cartridge it turns horizontal and passes under the toner cartridge. You have a jam in this area where the paper turned to horizontal. It is a rare jam but the paper is all folded up in there and you cannot see it at all until you take a bunch of stuff apart. Start by removing the top cover. You will have to disconnect the link that comes up to the hinged cover. This link operates the connector that gives power to the toner cartridge image drum.

At this point you have to remove a bunch of screws. Two screws about two inches long go vertically from the top down to secure this assembly. Several more go horizontally to hold this section to the main frame. There is a purple cable with ~6 small wires plugged into this assembly on the left side. You will need a flashlight to see the horizontal screws burried back inside this assembly on the bottom.

If you haven't done so it would be a good idea to download the Service Manual. You cannot print it out now but you can view it on your computer. It is not very good but should help. It is free, do not pay for it.

Once you get all the screws out the assembly slides out and you will see the jam, all folded up in there.
Be patient.

Al

Artie212
10-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Al
I had to remove the engine and fix the solenoid for tray 2. It is working fine now. The arm I attached as well. I kept getting a checking printer error on startup.
Thanks!
Art