PDA

View Full Version : Hp9050

FHINC
09-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I have no clue why this started happening, I have done lots of research but cant find a solution. Thanks in advance.

Big Al
09-20-2013, 08:38 AM
I assume you have already replaced or swapped the toner cartridge. There is a Toner Density setting under Configure Device - Print Quality but it does not look like is the problem. I remember seeing something like this because one of the spring contacts that mates with the toner cartridge was bent. This kept the toner cartridge from getting grounded. On some remanufactured cartridges I have seen corroded copper connection points that caused this as well. Have you done a half page print (stopping the print process when the paper is part way through the print station)? This does not look like a fuser issue. Please let us know what you find.

Al

FHINC
09-20-2013, 10:59 AM
I assume you have already replaced or swapped the toner cartridge. There is a Toner Density setting under Configure Device - Print Quality but it does not look like is the problem. I remember seeing something like this because one of the spring contacts that mates with the toner cartridge was bent. This kept the toner cartridge from getting grounded. On some remanufactured cartridges I have seen corroded copper connection points that caused this as well. Have you done a half page print (stopping the print process when the paper is part way through the print station)? This does not look like a fuser issue. Please let us know what you find.

Al

Thanks Al for responding and yes I have done all that you said and more. I have a spare 9050 so I also have swapped out boards, high voltage and laser beam thingy on top. I also replaced the springs assembly contacts. Yes I did the half way test to and it starts right at the drum of the cartrige. I havenever seen anything like this and have no clue why replacing all that I have didnt fix it. Thanks again Al for the help.

Big Al
09-20-2013, 12:39 PM
If you have, and I assume you have, swapped the formatter then the only thing left is the main board underneath the print engine. I'm not familiar with the 9000 series but I assume they are designed by the same people.
There should be an engine test button on this thing, usually a small hole in the cover on the left side. If that does the same thing then it is not the formatter since this process bypasses the formatter. It may be possible
to just lift off the print engine without too much hassle and swap the whole thing except the main board. Have you bounced this off the HP people? Maybe Redcow will have some suggestions!
Al

FHINC
09-20-2013, 03:28 PM
If you have, and I assume you have, swapped the formatter then the only thing left is the main board underneath the print engine. I'm not familiar with the 9000 series but I assume they are designed by the same people.
There should be an engine test button on this thing, usually a small hole in the cover on the left side. If that does the same thing then it is not the formatter since this process bypasses the formatter. It may be possible
to just lift off the print engine without too much hassle and swap the whole thing except the main board. Have you bounced this off the HP people? Maybe Redcow will have some suggestions!
Al

At this point Im going to stare at it in the middle of my office and hope something hits me. Have'nt ran it by HP nor do I want to, and I dont know who Redcow is but would appreciate it if you point me in his direction.

Big Al
09-23-2013, 06:51 AM
He checks into this forum from time to time. I will send him an Email.
Al

Big Al
09-23-2013, 09:25 AM
About the only non-electronic thing left is the transfer roller. I cannot imagine how it could cause this but it might be worth a try.
I sent Redcow an Email. Maybe he will have an idea. He is on the west coast so it may be a while.
Al

FHINC
09-23-2013, 01:15 PM
About the only non-electronic thing left is the transfer roller. I cannot imagine how it could cause this but it might be worth a try.
I sent Redcow an Email. Maybe he will have an idea. He is on the west coast so it may be a while.
Al

Thanks anything is worth a try.

redcow
09-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Go with the xfer roller

FHINC
09-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Go with the xfer roller

Thanks you both Al and Redcow for the help. Im assuming by "Xfer roller" you are speaking of the transfer roller? If so, I replaced the whole assembly when this problem first started. Just to be sure, the transfer roller assembly is the thingy that pulls in and out and sits right under the catridge? I wish it was that easy of a fix.

Sheppard
09-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Hey FHNIC, Before printing, pull the toner cartridge and look at the drum, you'll probably see that the toner cartridge drum is already contaminated with toner which means that the high voltage is not cleaning the drum. I would revisit the contacts in the printer that comes in contact with the cartridge. Also is there a lot of toner on the transfer roller? I've seen where the cavity below the transfer roller is full of toner which then transfers up to the drum. On this printer make sure the transfer roller is installed correctly, make sure the front edge as you are looking at it is under the plastic edge and not on top. It should push down freely. Bob

FHINC
09-24-2013, 08:50 AM
I HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE BUT NOW IT WORKS. Ok first of all thanks to all that helped. I still don’t know what fixed it or even if it’s fixed but after letting it sit in the middle of my office for 2 days and giving it the mean look. I turned it on this morning to try some of the recommendations from the helpful folks here and BAM perfect prints. I hate that I don’t know what the problem is/was because I would like to help others. I hate not knowing.

Big Al
09-25-2013, 06:10 AM
The Transfer Roller is a black spongy roller that mates with the green image drum in the toner cartridge. It's job is to charge the green roller.
Where I work we do not see these go bad, I cannot even remember one, but we do not put a lot of pages on most of our printers.

Al

Big Al
09-27-2013, 09:05 AM
I talked to the local HP Shop's senior printer guy. He said the transfer roller has to be pressed down and then moved toward the back of the printer until it latches in.
Not sure if this was part of this problem but thought I should mention it. My two cents for today!
Al

FHINC
09-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I talked to the local HP Shop's senior printer guy. He said the transfer roller has to be pressed down and then moved toward the back of the printer until it latches in.
Not sure if this was part of this problem but thought I should mention it. My two cents for today!
Al

So far so good. When it first started giving me problems the first thing I did was replace the whole tranfer roler assembly, well things are working again and if she does it again I will just replace it. Thanks for all the help.