PDA

View Full Version : HP LaserJet 5200 will not print

prabidea
10-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Hello,
I have a LJ 5200dtn that is not printing at all.
It will start up and sit at "Processing..." briefly and then goes to the "Ready" state. When printing a config page, it just hangs at "Printing Config Page." It does the same with paper path tests and any other informational pages. I've disconnected it from the network and powercycled numerous times. I tried an engine test page with and without the formatter installed and it also does nothing.

So far we have replaced, one at at time: The Formatter, DC Controller (twice), and Low Voltage Power Supply.

Some more details if it helps: Initially, it was just sitting at "Processing..." and each time a part was replaced, it would work for a while and then go back to the same thing. This last time, however, it seems to be slightly different as it actually goes to "Ready."

Thank you for your help!
-Patrick

Big Al
10-18-2012, 02:32 PM
I have seen printers that would go to ready but not print. If I recall, it was the laser assy. If the mirror motor is not turning or the laser is not lasing then it will not print. The laser is not tested during POST. Sometimes you can hear the mirror motor winding up just before it feeds paper. It has been a very long time since I have seen this problem and the laser may not have anything to do with it. The Engine Test process does not involve the formatter. You may have a problem with the main board which sits under the print engine assy. It has the firmware and the high voltage power supply. Please let us know what you find.

Al