PDA

View Full Version : LJ 3220 Multifunction Stuck In Startup

ctfb
07-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Hello all, 1st post for me.

We have a 3220 that when powering on is suppose to warm up the scanner blub in which it moves out under the glass for a moment, lights up & then return to it's home position. However, this scanner bulb gets stuck in a loop and just moves back & forth never allowing the printer to complete is power on cycle. One more thing is that this unit does not have a power switch, so power cycling equals pulling the plug, not a graceful shut down, and this problem did start after pulling the plug to fix another problem.

I've also seen this happed on a multifunction DeskJet PSC2510 when there is a power loss, but usually turning it off & on a couple of times clears the error & it will complete the startup.

Thank you,
-Mike

ctfb
07-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Called HP on this one. Found out they didn't have this type of failure in their database. They wanted to advance exchange it. I think I did narrow down the cause to a bad surge protector. I plugged in a known good LJ 4m+ and it wouldn't power on. Tested the surge protector and it was putting out less than a volt. The s.p. probably killed the 3320 via a brown out effect.

-Mike