PDA

View Full Version : LJ4200 tray 1 paper feed issue/jams

RandyW
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM
we are working a LJ4200 that will jam from the bypass, sometimes the paper will feed and when it does this the print registration is off maybe 1/2" (prints too close to the top of the page). This problem only happens from tray 1. Tray 2 seems to work fine. Tray 1 is set to Letter size and that is the paper size being fed through.

The event log has a lot of 13.05 codes. I thought maybe PS103 might be the problem but I think that is used by tray 2 also...I was considering replacing the Tray 1 paper feed unit- RM1-0004. We have replaced the Tray 1 feed roller and separation pad.

any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Big Al
07-13-2012, 06:51 AM
We had a problem with a similar printer feeding card stock from tray one. There are settings in the paper menu that solved this problem.
We use a lot of cheap paper and some of it is dusty. Occasionally a bath of compressed air (or toxic stuff from an aerosol can) helps.
Please let us know what you found.

Al

cs_steve
07-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Randy, I think you're on the right track ; since Tray 2 works fine, I would replace that Tray 1 pickup assembly (paper feed unit). Should solve your issue.

RandyW
07-23-2012, 04:50 PM
our tech replaced the tray 1 pick up assembly, didn't seem to make a difference.

we might try to replace the registration assembly next.

cs_steve
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
There are settings under Configure Device --> Print Quality --> Set Registration , that control the X and Y starting coordinates for each paper tray on that model. Since the pickup assembly didn't help, I would just cheat it out and change the coordinates which will start it printing at a lower point. Definitely works in a pinch and saves some headaches if the logical parts aren't fixing it.