PDA

View Full Version : HP psc 1210xi all-in-one

blubirdxoxo
05-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I have a printer that's about a year old. It has begun to have a problem with the ink cartridge carrier hanging up. This does not happen all the time, but often enough to be a problem. How can I fix this?

:mad:

mattchall
05-09-2005, 03:04 PM
The newer HP ink jets are not as good as the old ones. The service station, where the heads park and get cleaned, are driven off the paper feed motor via a series of small gears (older models had separate motors). If the ink build-up in the service station hardens, it will jam causing the teeth on the gears to shear off. Parts are NOT available. Another possibility could be ink on the encoder strip. This will wash off with water if you remove the strip from the unit. You may also have ink on the head contacts. Remove the cartridges and wipe the contact surface on the cartridge and the carriage assembly (unplug the unit once the carts are out before proceeding). While your at it, put a few drops of light weight oil on the carriage rail (I use a teflon based oil for bicycles).
Good luck.

dekard
06-04-2005, 07:05 AM
This is a low-end disposable printer. I've seen them new at retailers for $75 with cartridges. At that price I wouldn't spend a lot of time fixing it.

If you are looking for something that will last and can be repaired take a look at a Laser based AIO. If your budget won't stretch that far you may want to take a look on ebay where there are a number of slightly used Laser AIO's there. Any of those in good repair would likely last you much longer than even a new 1210xi.