PDA

View Full Version : CP1518ni CC378A REAR DOOR OPEN MESSAGE

LUCKYDOG
06-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Picked up an HP CP1518ni with an extra set of new HP toners at auction. It's giving me a message of rear door open, but the rear door is closed. The side RC2-1798-000CN DIMM memory module cover is missing and has already been ordered. Any ideas of what the problem could be? Thanks in advance.

Big Al
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that model. Look closely at the inside of the rear door. Somewhere there should be a plastic tab sticking out. This tab will interupt a sensor and tell the firmware the door is closed. Look for broken plastic that indicates the tab has been broken off. Look into the back of the printer and you should see a sensor, "U" shaped, black, squared posts. Fold up a small piece of paper and put it in the center of the sensor and see if the error goes away. It probably does not have a sensor on the memory door. Look for the broken piece of plastic, it may still be inside the machine. I have used MULTIPURPOSE plumbing glue and primer to fix things like this when I was able to find the broken piece or fabricate one. Support the glued on piece till the cement sets up then leave it overnight to develop strength.
Al