PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 5M Postscript will not print

chiefworks
05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
I have 5 Laserjet 5M printers. One of them has stoped printing post-script. Whenever it get's post-script data it sits flashing the data light and never prints anything. This includes trying to print the postscript interenal test pages.

It will print any other data just fine, and I have tried switching otu the post-script processor card with one from another printer.

Ideas?

jim
05-05-2004, 09:58 AM
If another printer works just fine with that same system, and you have already replaced the post-script SIMM, you are looking at a formatter problem. Hope this helps, Jim

chiefworks
05-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Both of those conditions are true, and yes that does help.

So what exactly is the "formatter" and what can I do about it?

ptjeff1
05-06-2004, 09:46 AM
The formatter is the circuit board that the postscript simm fits into, call us if you want to replace it yourself. We have them in stock. 608-831-2396

whiptedo
07-14-2006, 06:17 PM
I have 5 Laserjet 5M printers. One of them has stoped printing post-script. Whenever it get's post-script data it sits flashing the data light and never prints anything. This includes trying to print the postscript interenal test pages.

It will print any other data just fine, and I have tried switching otu the post-script processor card with one from another printer.

Ideas?

My printer was not printing correctly...and was also doing exactly as discribed above...all because I did not have the correct printer driver...I searched the internet and downloaded several until I finally figured out which one made the printer work beautifully!!!! Thats the ticket!!! Finding the correct driver for HP 5M Printer. I finally found it. Try looking in HP.com Good Luck!