PDA

View Full Version : HP Designjet800

DanWard
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
My Designjet800 42" plotter keeps indicating that the ink cartridges need to be replaced long before the ink is consumed. I have been using after market cartridges but have had the same issue with OEM cartridges. So far I have tried changing the service station. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dan

Big Al
05-09-2012, 06:08 AM
I have only worked on an 800 a few times and that was a while back. If you do not use this printer much then maybe it is saying the ink is too old? Print out the ink/heads status page and see if that is an issue? Does the printer stop working or just complain? Check with the HP site and see if others have reported this issue. What is the firmware revision level?

Please let us know what you find.

Al

Big Al
09-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Since there is really no way for the electronics to know how much ink is in the cartridge the best they can do is give you an estimate. You can keep running the printer until the printout starts droping a color. Check this URL: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dest_page=product&dlc=en&docname=c01363731&lc=en&product=20985 or do a Google search for DesignJet 800 + ink levels.

Al

ruellesmith
09-27-2012, 02:00 AM
You can estimate the ink you have in your cartridge if you don't know how much ink you have. If you see that the print out of your works are not that good then I guess it is better for you to change you ink cartridge.