PDA

View Full Version : Wide Format Training

Stamp
04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows of somewhere (preferably in the Northeast) to get wide format printer training

Big Al
04-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Are you talking about HP training? My outfit sent me to Detroit, the school was four and a half days. All we did was take apart some plotters and put them back together.
Our HP sales rep hooked us up with an online course, which was free, as a prerequsite for the hands on course. If you have any questions get back to me with a private
message.

Al

hyperdash
04-16-2012, 10:06 AM
What is the usual scope of wide format printer training modules/course? is it all on color management and profiling. i do not just want to improve the workflow and efficiency of the ink printer but would also want to get the most out of the quality of our prints.

Big Al
04-23-2012, 06:13 AM
The training I went to in Detroit just covered the mechanical and electronic disassembly and reassembly and a little troubleshooting. It was a four day course.
You can download the Users Manual and it covers more about sizing the image and stuff like that. The gammut board makes sure that the image it puts on the
paper meets international standards. Beyond that I cannot help. I know the cyan and magenta tend to change color a little if they are close to their expiration
date.

Al