PDA

View Full Version : HP4200 "unable to store job at printer"

arthur520
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Guys,

Here is the issue. We have an HP4200 that a customer is printing multiple copies to, and after 1 page of the document prints, she then gets an error sheet stating:

Error: Unable to store job at printer
Reason: Insufficient disk space for this job

Solution: Delete some files from the disk before resending this job

The obvious fix to me would be to add memory, and I will need to order some if this is the case. Any fix ideas before I proceed. This is not a local printer.

Thanks.

Big Al
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
We have had this problem. The HP universal driver assumes you have a hard drive installed. They do this because plotters usually do have hard drives, without the hard drive the plotter cannot work.
You have to go into your printer's properties and tell it that there is no hard drive installed. We have also seen this come back but have not been able to figure out why that printer's properties now
think there is a hard drive. If the universal driver sees a hard drive in the properties it wants to load a big job onto the hard drive. When the non existant hard drive does not respond the driver
complains.

Al

arthur520
02-29-2012, 08:48 AM
We added more memory and the print jobs have now since began to print without fault. Your tip about the hard drive is one we didnt know about, and we have now dont that also. Hopefully that clears the issue. Thanks for the help as always.

Arthur