PDA

View Full Version : HP lazerjet 4000 series

Hibiscusmile
01-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Hello, new here! not new to hp printers though. I have a hp lazerjet 6L that is about 22 years old and still use it everyday! wonderful machine. But my question is does anyone know why the 4000 series was discontinued? I am thinking of purchasing a refurbished one? tks!

redcow
01-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Probably for the same reason that your 6L was put to pasture. New designs, new technology.
Faster speeds and money.
The 4000 is a real good printer. You won't be sorry.

Big Al
01-30-2012, 06:05 AM
We had many of the 4000 printers here. The problem for us was that they did not have a USB port and many of our laptops
no longer have LPT1 ports. I do a lot of printing at home. When my old LJ 4 got tired I bought a 4000 because I could get
an envelope feeder and a duplexer attachment. Both work well and make things easier. They are easy to fix and parts
are still readily available. The 4000 does have one glitch. Very rarely, but it does happen, as the paper is moving vertically
and is about to turn and go under the toner cartridge it will jam in this area. You cannot see the jam at all. It takes about
twenty minutes to take the printer apart and clear this jam. Not a real hassle, just a nuisance, and it seldom happens.

Al