PDA

View Full Version : HP 4345 not sending emails properly

mwerte
08-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Hello,

We have a HP 4345 that we use as a scanner, and then we email the scans via a quickSMTP server set up on the XP machine the printer is attached too.

The emails almost never make it too the end user though, regardless of user or attachment size. We tried creating a new email account to send the emails too, but the scans were never received.

If scans are received, they are usually an hour or two after they were originally scanned in. They do not appear to get to the quickSMTP server before then, as they are delivered from there almost immediately.

What would cause the scanner to not deliver those scans, if it delivers them at all? It used to work fine, but Thursday it stopped functioning properly.

Edit: it appears to be a problem with the quickSMTP software clogging up after one email gets sent out.

Does anyone have any advice?

-mwerte

Big Al
08-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Has anyone done a firmware update on this machine? If so does the date the update was done match the beginning of this problem? Can you plug in a land line phone cable and see if the faxes are sent and received OK? Does anyone else at your company use this software to send/receive faxes? Have you checked with the people that provided you with the software?

Al

mwerte
08-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Has anyone done a firmware update on this machine? If so does the date the update was done match the beginning of this problem?
No update should have happened but I will check.

Can you plug in a land line phone cable and see if the faxes are sent and received OK?
No faxes are being sent, but I can still test that if you want me too.

Does anyone else at your company use this software to send/receive faxes?
Just that one office location, and all the users there are effected.

Have you checked with the people that provided you with the software?
On hold with them right now.