PDA

View Full Version : M9040 error 30.01.13

g48dd
06-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi, Scanner is down & Email down on an M9040 mfp with red light on. I pulled the glass scanner is real dirty, I have never cleaned a scanner on 9040 just a 4345. This has more mirrors, cleaned everything but this meant pulling the mirrors out. Now I know if I get a mirror in backwards on a 4345 it will not work when I get it back together. When I got the 9040 back together everything booted up fine and at first I had a green light, then it turned red. I got an Error Message 30.01.13 I did not pull any wiring apart, just the mirrors out, I think there were 5 mirrors, I can't seem to find this error code at HP. If I got a mirror in backwards would I get this code?
We have another 9040 tomorrow I am going to open it and see if I can find a difference in the way I have the mirrors in.... I did notice that each mirror has numbers stenciled on it, I have them all set in a way that I can read the numbers on each mirror, if that is nay help.

Thanks
Ken

g48dd
06-16-2011, 06:49 AM
OK my suspicions were correct, mirrors in backwards will give you the code 30.01.13., The mirrors on a 4345 are pretty easy to remember how they go, but on a 9040 the mirrors appear to be the same on both sides but they are not. One side has a stenciled number, if the number is missing you can put the mirror on edge and look at it from above and slightly to the side and you will see what looks like a small line the runs the length.... we called that the back side and the side with the stencil the front but I have no idea if that is correct, what I do know is .... if you are standing in front of the printer, the smallest mirror is on your right side, it is pointing slightly down and the side that you should be able to see is the side with the stencil or what we called the front, this means the stencil faces right while the small line on top of the mirror is on the left side of the mirror. After that mirror is in place, moving Right to Left, the next mirror is sort of skinny and long, it should be place with stencil facing right and the small line on top on the left, moving again Right to Left there is a big mirror fat it faces tiled up, and you should be able to read the stenciled number this means that the small thin line will be on the back side of this mirror, moving again Right to left another long thin mirror, the stenciled numbers should be facing to the LEFT, and move again Right to Left the last mirror should be the same as last, the stenciled numbers should face to the left, and if the mirrors are placed like this the ERROR CODE 30.01.13 will disappear and you will have a working scanner provided that you cleaned the mirrors before you put them back in place.

Ken