PDA

View Full Version : Ledger sized color laser printer

EssKayKay
03-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Hello,

We are considering purchase of a ledger sized (11”x17”) color laser printer. Our budget is around $3K. I believe I have it narrowed down to three – HP LJ-5550DN, Xerox 7500DN, or Dell 7130CDN. Looking at specs, I like the Dell, but I’m not sure on reliability, cost of consumables, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations, or experience with any of these?

Thanks,
Steve Kipping

Big Al
03-30-2011, 08:04 AM
The HP5550 is an excellent printer. We have about twenty of them and have had no problems. They are made in Japan. They even work well with a mix of HP toner and Refilled toner, or all refilled toner. I do not recommend refilled cartridges but our purchasing department buys us whatever they want to. Do not know anything about the other two.

Al

cs_steve
03-31-2011, 12:34 AM
I would also recommend the 5550... HP is preferred over Dell for parts availability, support, and consumables pricing.

Especially on a printer this expensive, consumables and parts will play a big role down the road since this is a printer you'll want to maintain over the years.

I'm not familiar with the Xerox model... we have used the 5550 extensively and it's one of HP's best-ever Color machines.

Don't know if you had looked at our refurbished models ...? Here's a link to the specs.
http://www.printertechs.com/printer/refurbished-hp-laserjet-5550.php