PDA

View Full Version : I seem to have all tray 2s, is that a problem? 2200dn and 2100tn

texwing
02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Hello, my 2200dn has been such a workhorse I dragged a 2100TN home from a garage sale, but it would not print without jamming. When I used the tray from our 2200dn, it worked fine. So, I figure its the seperation pads, but all three trays seem to be the "tray 2" type, and need a Tray 2 seperation pad. Am I missing something, or will tray 2 work in place of Tray 1, I know it is what came with the 2200dn, and works fine. Information would be appreciated.

prntrfxr
02-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Tray 1 is the multi-purpose tray where you feed envelopes. Inside the front door. Tray 2 is the paper cassette.

cs_steve
02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Yes, the 250-sheet cassette trays for these series printers are interchangeable.

texwing
02-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Ok thanks that explains it, I will go ahead and order new separation pads and see if that gets it back into operation.

Big Al
02-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Get a pickup roller too. Is the paper feeding out of the tray at all? We have a lot of cases where someone put too much paper in the tray and slammed it shut. This breaks the drive shaft that turns the pickup roller. Inspect this area closely and see if anything is broken. There is a gray shaft that connects to the transmission and sometimes it gets pushed to the right and the gear is no longer being driven by the transmission.

Al

texwing
03-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi, thanks for the advice. The 2100tn functions well if i use the tray from the 2200dn.,
neither printers work with the two trays that came with the 2100tn. And, the separation pads looked pretty dry. When trying to print, as I recall it will pull the paper in about half way, then stop.

So, since the dn tray works well on the new garage sell printer, I thought it must be the pads. If the new separation pads show marked improvement, then I will invest more and rebuild the pick up part, does that sound like a plan? thanks for the help

redcow
03-01-2011, 03:34 PM
It appears that you don't have a grasp on how the laser printer works.
The separation pads are there to prevent more than one sheet of paper from feeding at the same time.
If you had a bad separation pad, when the printer feeds paper from the tray, more than one sheet would be fed. Most likely this would cause an error/and or paper jam.
Worry about the feed rollers.

texwing
03-06-2011, 09:21 AM
While I could write a book on things I do not have a complete grasp of, in fact the new separation pads have fixed the feed problem, so printing life is good! now about that network card (another incomplete grasp example)...