PDA

View Full Version : HP4515 Smearing/ PCQ

brasilmichaele
02-09-2011, 09:00 AM
We have a 4515 with PCQ issues. When we panicked stopped printer the part of the print that was in the fuser looked bad but the other that was not looked better. It looks like it is not fusing good. We have updated the firmware and replaced the fuser. I have heard maybe a low power supply. Any suggestions would be welcome.

cs_steve
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Power supply failure is a possibility but it's not very common on this model ...

1. It could be the toner cartridge .

2. For good bonding, you might need to change the paper type settings in the printer's menu (even if you didn't have to with the original fuser). This would be the case if it prints fine on regular 20lb paper, and the smearing only occurs on specialty paper like envelopes, labels, cardstock, etc. From the printer's menu, you can assign a paper type to each tray. (Example, if you print labels from Tray 1, go into the printer's menu system and set Tray 1=LABEL, then the fuser can adjust its temperature to match that paper type and bond properly.)

3. If this is happening on all prints and you conclude it's not the toner cartridge, I would call your vendor and ask for a 2nd fuser under warranty before I'd consider the power supply/DC controller.