PDA

View Full Version : HP Color LJ3600 Problem

rex daubenberger
12-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I have a Hewlett Packard color laserjet 3600N printer that prints a magenta background on all copies. I have replaced the magenta cartridge more than 3 times and get the same results each time. What are the possible problems and how can they be fixed?

redcow
12-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Run the disabled cartridge test, put another color in the magenta slot and leave all the other colors out. Run the PQ test. If all is good, put the magenta in the blacks' slot. Run the PQ test, if magenta fails, it has to be the cartridge. If the color that you put in the magenta slot fails, High voltage board or DC controller.

You can also run an engine test. If the defect doesn't appear, replace the formatter.

rex daubenberger
12-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Run the disabled cartridge test, put another color in the magenta slot and leave all the other colors out. Run the PQ test. If all is good, put the magenta in the blacks' slot. Run the PQ test, if magenta fails, it has to be the cartridge. If the color that you put in the magenta slot fails, High voltage board or DC controller.

You can also run an engine test. If the defect doesn't appear, replace the formatter.

I will try your suggestions. I know the magenta cartridges are good because I have a second 3600 and when I swithed them, the results were the same. The one that was in the printer causing the pink problem printed fine in the other printer and the one that I put in the printer with the problem printed pink whereas it was fine in the my primary printer.