PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 5100 issues

randyh
11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm having several issues with a laserjet 5100 that is attached to Windows 7 pc via a parallel to usb adapter. First of all, the printer will not collate any jobs at all. If I tell it to print 2 copies of a job, it will print the first copy of the job then print a page that says "Unable to collate job at the printer". Secondly, I can't get the "scale to fit" option under the printing preferences to work. Thirdly, I can't get the universal print driver for Windows 7 to print anything at all. I only went to this driver to try to solve the previous two issues. Any ideas (other than a new laserjet printer!lol)?????

redcow
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Why don't you try using a straight parallel cable, unless you are connecting to a laptop.
Delete the printer and download the drivers again and reinstall them.

randyh
11-16-2010, 10:15 AM
No parallel port on the PC.

Big Al
11-18-2010, 06:53 AM
Those USB to Centronix adapter cables seldom work. If your printer has an RJ45 Ethernet port get a small Ethernet switch and cable it up that way.

Al

cs_steve
11-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm hearing a lot of problems with Windows 7 and the parallel-to-USB cables.

I agree with Al, I would put this printer on a network; you'll find that to be much more stable. Once you get that stabilized you may need to switch drivers again.