PDA

View Full Version : My HP 4515n

kevin.wearing12345
11-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi,

New to this forum but I have to say what a great forum it is and glad to see so many contributors.

I need help with my HP 4515n. It's been ok for a while but now whenever I print to it I get a vertical line running down the page. When i run my finger over it I can feel it is raised above the the toner ink so I was wondering if it was perhaps muck on one of the rollers? I can see there is ink underneath the line so I don't think it has anything to do with the actual toner-to-paper transfer itself.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I attach an example for your viewing.

Big Al
11-02-2010, 10:01 AM
First try a half-page test. As the paper moves through its path lift the cover to stop it. May take a few tries to get it but you want about half of the paper through the toner cartridge with toner on the page. It will be loose since it has not yet been fused. If the line is present then you have a toner cartridge issue. If not then check the fuser. These new high speed fusers use a thin teflon covered roller to transfer the heat to the paper. If the gray coating has been damaged then the metal tube under the teflon will pick up and hold toner and melt it onto the paper on top of your printed image. Is the printer still under warranty? What is the page count?

Please let us know what you find.

Al