PDA

View Full Version : Problem with P4015dtn

GeoGoGo
09-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have been contracted out to a local hospital for desktop support and I have run into a printer problem. I am working on a p4015dtn and it has an issue with tray 2. If the tray is full of paper, it will not lift. It does not sound like the lifter motor is running. If I remove paper and leave the tray roughly half full, it will lift and print normally. If I don't remove just enough paper, it will lift and attempt to print but displays the CLEARING PAPER PATH message. This message will remain until you power cycle the printer.

I printed the event log and it has a bunch of 13.30.00 errors. Tray 2 was just replaced but had no effect on the issue. Any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your time and have a great day!

Respectfully,

George D.

cs_steve
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
I've heard several complaints of this 13.30 error but we haven't actually replicated this problem in our shop ...

My suggestion would be -- if you stand behind the printer you should be able to look into the rear of the paper tray (might need a flash light) and look towards the front to watch the paper pickup in operation ... you may have to remove a duplexer / tray cover to provide a clear view of the pickup / feed rollers.