PDA

View Full Version : HP Color Laserjet 8550DN

brudius
08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
i have a hp color laserjet 8550dn and when it prints there are thick horizontal lines in the middle and small thin lines at the top of page in black. we have replaced all cartridges taken the drum out the roller blew whole thing clean with compressed air and its still doing it.

attached i have a sample of what its doing.
Any help would be nice. Thank you in advance.

MichaelTech
08-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Your cleaning rollelr is bad, and the ICL arm may be bent/broken.
Also the guide for the drum may be cracked.
You will need a kit for this.

brudius
08-18-2010, 11:38 AM
thanks for the quick response. any idea where i could get one of those kits. i googled icl arm and i couldnt find a part or image of what it looks like. could you please get me a link?

brudius
08-18-2010, 11:57 AM
i belive this is the ICL arm from pictures i have tried to find it looks like a peice may be broken. if you look below the little white peice there are little specs like it may have melted or soemthing.

redcow
08-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Just for clarification, is the "snot" line the leading edge? or is the 11" side the leading edge?

MichaelTech
08-18-2010, 05:43 PM
The ICL kit is RG9-1527-020
Cleaning roller RG5-3974
If the guide plate on the upper right for the drum is black, it is probably cracked. the new one is metal.
It used to come in the kit, but there is no part# for it.
Order the Product Enhancement Kit RG9-1495 It has several parts to use on the printer, as well as the plate. Order ICL kit and roller separately.

brudius
08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
thank you michael. and red the snot i refered to as the black blotches in the center of the black line

brudius
10-13-2010, 12:13 PM
i replace the icl arm and there is still a problem any other suggestions on what to check would be great thanks.

redcow
10-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Have you run the SERVICE MODE engine diagnostics?

MichaelTech
10-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Did you also change the small white bushings for the cleaning roller?
Did you get the product enhancement kit? The plate is the only necessesary part from it.
Transfer assy. could be too worn, drum may be shot. Or the black toner could be bad.

brudius
11-05-2010, 11:25 AM
i think we got one problem fixed. there was a bushing missing from the blue tip on the cleaning roller. but now we keep getting an error that says "clean density sensor" we opened front right door and got blue brush and brushed off sensor and rebooted printer. still getting same error and it wont print. i can do a config page and there is still a big black solid line across the page.

(thanks for all your patience and help)