PDA

View Full Version : Hp Officejet K1700 Printing Problem

yasir
08-04-2010, 04:19 AM
hi dear.
i have hp Officejet 7100 A3 size printer.. On A4 size paper it prints well but when i insert A3 size it prints few line and then stop printing just blinking green light what problem i have with my printer?????? waiting for response..
thankx.

Big Al
08-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I have not seen this problem but have worked on a few of these. Try putting A3 paper in the printer then find the printer icon, right click, properties, test print. If this works OK then you may have a problem with the job or the printer driver software.

Make sure the paper has a little slack space in the paper tray. If the guides/stops are too tight then the paper feed motor may stall.

Try a different kind of A3 paper? Clean the paper feed roller? The problem sounds like it is job related rather than paper feeding issues.

With A3 paper can you run a test print from the printer?

Is the printer still under warranty?

Please let us know what you find and how you found it.

Al

yasir
08-24-2010, 05:39 AM
I have not seen this problem but have worked on a few of these. Try putting A3 paper in the printer then find the printer icon, right click, properties, test print. If this works OK then you may have a problem with the job or the printer driver software.

Make sure the paper has a little slack space in the paper tray. If the guides/stops are too tight then the paper feed motor may stall.

Try a different kind of A3 paper? Clean the paper feed roller? The problem sounds like it is job related rather than paper feeding issues.

With A3 paper can you run a test print from the printer?

Is the printer still under warranty?

Please let us know what you find and how you found it.

Al

yes i have taken test print from printer... same situation
Printer is not in warranty

Big Al
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Can you give us a little more information? Did this A3 size paper ever work in this printer? What documentation do you have? Does the printer require you to go in to the menu on the printer
and change the paper size? Do any other sizes have a problem? Is the printer on a network or
hooked to a single computer? I assume you are using a USB interface? Do you know anyone who also has this same printer and would let you try to run this A3 paper for a test? How did you clean the feed rollers? What is on the user panel when the error occurs? Check to see if you have several of these printers stacked up on the Printers & Faxes page? What operating system are you using and what program is trying to print the A3 document?

Al