PDA

View Full Version : HP 5200dtn resend upgrade

ashford
07-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know how to remove a error message resend upgrade of a laserjet 5200dtn. I have re flashed the firmware by the lpt port and usb and this still doesn't fix the error.
The strange thing is though the Firmware Datacode is the new firmware which I upgraded to. I have also tried to flash the printer with a older version of firmware and it just got stuck on receiving update.

james.henry1@dhs.gov
07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Step Zero - do a cold reset if possible - Step 1 - reseat any/all memory on board. Step 2 - remove external or disable internal NIC(don't know which the 5200 has)and leave it disconnected while attempting to reflash the firmware (LPT port is clean & reliable for firmware installs, I've had occasional issues with USB firmware updates) (Windoze and HP's Dot4 USB don't like each other)
Buenos Luckos MooChacho

Does anyone know how to remove a error message resend upgrade of a laserjet 5200dtn. I have re flashed the firmware by the lpt port and usb and this still doesn't fix the error.
The strange thing is though the Firmware Datacode is the new firmware which I upgraded to. I have also tried to flash the printer with a older version of firmware and it just got stuck on receiving update.

ashford
07-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Thank You James
I got rid of the error by disabling the onboard nic then re flashing the printer