PDA

View Full Version : HP952C deskjet printer

le309
03-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the Service Station in a HP952C deskjet printer. I need to clean it as the ink buildup is overloaded. I need to find out what parts need to be removed. Pictures of these parts would be great :confused:

mattchall
03-16-2005, 08:45 AM
You have to remove the top cover and the carriage assembly to get the service station out. There is plastic clip on each corner holding the top case on aswell as the 2 screws on top. The carriage assembly is mounted with 4 screws; unplug connectors from the PCB and motor. You'll need #10 and #20 torx drivers. Once you get it out, remove the motor from the ss. and run the assembly under hot water to clean out the ink build up from the gears, absorber, wipers, etc.. Make sure it's dry before re-installing.

le309
03-16-2005, 11:28 AM
First let me thank you for answering my post :) Second, where exactly are the the plastic clips on the sides of the ss, behind the ss etc. When you say case what are you meaning :confused: Where are the 4 screws on the carriage assembly? Sorry to have to be so detailed but this is my first time on this. I have put posts in other forums on this subject and you are the first to answer :D

Are all HP printers put together like this in case I have to do another clean job on a different series?

mattchall
03-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Most HP DJ's will have 2 torx screws on top. The plastic clips, or tabs, (1 in each corner) are actually part of the top case; they need to be released one at a time with a smallish flat head screw driver. Some models can be a real pain, especially the front right near the op panel. Once you get the top case off, it should be fairly obvious how to proceed. You'll probably have to remove the carriage assembly in order to get the srvc stn out. 2 screws through the carriage rail and 2 more near them attaching to the frame. It's a good idea to wear latex gloves as these can get quite messy.

le309
03-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all your help. Now I can clean up this inky mess.