PDA

View Full Version : HP P3005 Toner Cartridge Pin detector within the printer.

KeithG
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi Guys

As i'm here I need more advice on a HP P3005 printer. I need to find out what the part number is for a Pin which is inside of the printer on the left hand side which detects the Toner Cartridge. Any ideas?:D

Many thanks

Keith G

Big Al
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
We need a little more description of the part you need. There are four contacts on the bottom left of the toner cartridge. When you pull the toner cartridge you can see them. The front three are tilted back at about a 45 degree angle. The fourth is further back and is pointed down at about a 40 degree angle. On the top of the toner cartridge is a memory chip that keeps toner useage information. This chip connects to a pair of contacts on the top left of the opening. If something is wrong with these two contacts the panel will say "10.10.00 memory error". I have never had one torn down that far but my guess is that you will have to order a larger assembly to get the front three contacts.

When did this start? Is the component you suspect broken?

Al

MichaelTech
07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
The pin is activated by a spring loaded tab on the left/front of the toner that flips up for the contacts. Taking off that plastic piece will get your printer to see it's toner. The mechanism that operates all the contacts on the left is in the entire left plate, a real pain to deal with. Check the red wire for contact, and ensure the flat metal plate inside on left is moving when the toner is inserted.