PDA

View Full Version : Dell 3000

KevinH
05-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Installed a new yellow cartridge. It basically emptied the contents of the cartridge into the drum and printer, making an awful mess and giving the replace toner message. Not a single page printed. Did this with four different cartridges, same result! And today, a separate Dell 3000 has just done the same with two magenta cartridges. Any idea's what might be happening?

Kevin

redcow
05-08-2010, 12:33 AM
What is the brand of cartridge that you threw your money away on?

Take the cartridges back and get your money returned.
On two different printers the common denominator is the cartridge.

Also, purchase a good toner vac.

KevinH
05-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Thanks Red for the reply. You're going to hate this part, but we sell remanufactured cartridges, not original OEM. I would agree with you, but I have tried cartridges from three different suppliers, all genuinely good suppliers with whom I have no issues on other products, so I cannot see how three different suppliers can get it wrong. Therefore I really suspect it is not the cartridge. Just to be certain I am about to try an original Dell cartridge just to rule that out, but guess what I expect to find? Oh, and the other three remanufactured colour cartridges are fine by the way.

It really is a puzzle this one, and I now believe there is a fault in the printer that is letting all the toner out instead of using it as it's needed. These cartridges are simply a tube with an open hole - the printer and imaging unit does the rest of the work.

Kevin

KevinH
05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Update: It seems the yellow developer unit needs replacing. Anyone have any intructions on how to do this?

Kevin