PDA

View Full Version : DesignJet 130nr Freezes

brandonsq
04-22-2010, 07:27 PM
On Start-up my DJ130nr starts the normal paper feed, system checks. Then freezes. On the control panel what is shown is the pens and ink levels recognized, the hour glass is at the top left corner and frozen. I've gone thru the owners and service manuals and tried the different combination of operation keys to force different actions. The printer does not respond to anything. Is their a way to hard boot to unlock the printer and set to factory defaults. The printer has ran faultlessly till now. I just transported it to Alaska with me from my Calif. office and had it protected and wrapped from jars and shakes. Rode on my back seat of my truck with me. So it had a very soft trip. I have no techs here any help will be greatly appreciated.

Big Al
04-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Sorry, I have never worked on one of these. We do ship these wide carriage printers all over so we have seen some problems like this. In general when something like this is transported and does not work you need to take the covers off and look for anything that is loose. Then reseat everything three times. Since it fails after INK then look at the heads. Sometimes ink gets jostled out the orifices and migrates up the back of the head onto the ribbon cables, seen this several times. The memory DIMM, if it has one, is probably OK or you would not have gotten that far. Reseating the ink tanks is also a good idea. Even a little corrosion on the gold contacts on the tank can hang things up. Does the carriage try to move at all? There may be an HP shop in Anchorage? Let us know what you find.

Al

brandonsq
04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I'll take a deeper look at these points. The carriage dose work.
Thanks

cs_steve
05-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Also, if it's a network model you could pull the JetDirect card and reboot to see if perhaps the network card is causing it to freeze.