PDA

View Full Version : have the technicals documents of printer

YVES
03-23-2010, 04:20 AM
hello to the community printertechs, my name is Yves, i am a young technician of the field of remanifacturation laser cartridges in my country, Cameroon (central Africa). I write you today because , I have decide to complete my technical training by studying the maintenance of printers. And for it, I need to have technical document of different printer.
what I ask?
the differents links where i can download these documents.
Another advice necessary for a young Technicans like me.

best regards

cs_steve
03-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't suggest reading through the technical documentation for printers because there is a massive amount of material for every model. We have some tutorials & install instructions for most of the popular HP printers on our web site; you could browse through these to at least get a "feel" for the look & disassembly of each model. http://www.printertechs.com/tech-support.php

Hopefully you will learn a lot by reading through this forum ... see what the most common issues are that keep coming up again and again. 90% of laser printer repair ends up being routine maintenance : a faulty toner, a failing fuser, or worn-out pickup/feed rollers. The trick is the diagnosis, as the same fault can sometimes come from a couple sources.

In the rare 10% or less of truly "oddball" situations : ask someone -- but don't bother looking to HP for help :-) Some things are so rare they won't be accurately covered in the technical documentation, but usually you can find an experienced tech on this forum or similar who will have seen the problem before.