PDA

View Full Version : Usb device not recognised

kolach
03-16-2010, 04:43 AM
mmy printer HPlaserjet P3005 when connected to the pc indicates on pc thaus- "ONE OF THE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNTIONED, AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNISE IT.. FOR ASSISTANCE IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM, CLICK THIS MESSAGE.
I tried reconnecting the devie, but windows does not recognise it. what do i do next

merignac
03-22-2010, 03:48 AM
mmy printer HPlaserjet P3005 when connected to the pc indicates on pc thaus- "ONE OF THE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNTIONED, AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNISE IT.. FOR ASSISTANCE IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM, CLICK THIS MESSAGE.
I tried reconnecting the devie, but windows does not recognise it. what do i do next

Hp, when I phone, make it clear that the Bios installed should be the latest, November 2009. It seem's to be important to run the bios update twice as well (?). This has solved most of my problems but I still have a problem with a 3005 which works fine but when it goes into a sleep mode, ie display dims, the only way to get it out of this and working again, is to power cycle it. Very annoying. Am going to look at this one soon, and I will probably run the bios upgrade (again). Failing this I'm not sure what to do.

cs_steve
03-22-2010, 10:43 PM
There is a known issue with the formatter boards failing on this P3005 model.

If the firmware update does not fix the issue, you'll have to replace the board. We stock the formatter baords at PrinterTechs; you can call us @ 866-352-7108 .