PDA

View Full Version : Epson Artisan 810, Windows 7? Help?

Afakasii
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
My printer doesnt want to print from the computer,
its wirelessly connected, all the drivers have been updated,
the ink test came out fine, i re read the manual an checked the support website an still cant seem to get this thing to print, whenever i go to print something a little box will pop up and tell me my printer is not ready to print.

ive printed an epson status sheet.
and from everything i can see, everything is properly configured wirelessly.
the signal strength is great an its showing connectivity,

so why am i still unable to print from my windows 7 computer??

steve.hick
04-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Change the printer driver and you might need to install printer drivers that are compatible with the Windows 7. The idea is to install a printer on Windows 7 using the correct driver, then convert it to a network printer.
Follow these steps for connection : First of all install printer driver for the client machine, as a local (not network) printer. If during installation, you are prompted to connect the printer to your PC, select the option to proceed with installation without connecting the printer. Install to LPT1 (default) only, (port change is done after install completes). After installation completes, open the “Printers applet” from the Windows 7 “Control Panel”. Right-click on the new printer and choose “Properties”. Go to the “Ports” tab. Click “Add Port”, select “Local Port”, then click “New Port”. For the port name, enter exactly the network path and share the name of your printer. Click “OK”, and double-check that this new port is selected with the checkbox next to it. Click “OK” to close the printer properties.