PDA

View Full Version : LJ4000 wont pull paper from cassete even after roller kit installation

sloscheider
03-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi guys!

I've got several lj 4000 printers that report a paper jam in the tray when trying to print. I have installed one of your roller kits to no avail. Sometimes the top sheet will have advanced perhaps ½ inch but never gets pulled up into the printer. Manual feed tray feeds paper through just fine.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Big Al
03-04-2010, 06:09 AM
If you have replaced the rollers then that is probably not the issue. Try swapping paper trays with a printer that is working? Is the paper sensor flag free to move and in good condition? How many pages printed? In the past I worked on a lot of these and do not remember any transmission issues but most of those had pretty low page counts.

One way to tackle these kind of problems, if you have several printers, is to take a good one and a failing one and start swapping components. Be a good idea to mark each part where it came from so you do not get confused.

Please let us know what you found.

Al

tommyb
03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Check the paper guides to confirm it's set to letter/legal also check your paper handling on the machine.
Also what is the exact paper jam error 13.XX / actual error you are getting?

cs_steve
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
This will probably help:

If you pull out the cassette paper tray, you will see the grey/blue feed roller which you installed in the tray (there is a plastic flap that lifts up so you can access/remove the roller). Just to the right of the grey/blue feed roller, on the same shaft, sits a small black cylinder device about as big as a thumbnail called a torque delimiter. That little piece can cause headaches. Pull the roller off the shaft, and then slide the torque delimiter off the shaft also. Reinstall the roller but leave off the torque delimiter. Try running a few test pages with just the roller on the shaft.

If paper runs fine, that means the delimiter is acting up. If you want to get a new one, you can order from us @ 866-352-7108.

sloscheider
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Also what is the exact paper jam error 13.XX / actual error you are getting?

The error was 13.1

As it turns out CS_Steve was right on the money! I removed the torque delimiter and the printer printed a configuration sheet just fine :) I'll get several of them ordered!