PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart C6180 All-in-One

jobatt
02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I have an HP Photosmart C6180 printer that I've been having problems with lately. When I send a document to print it attempts to print several times but only ends up printing a portion of the document then I get the error message that document did not print. I've canceled it out and tried again but keep having the same problem. I've even deleted the printer off the computer and reinstalled but that didn't solve the problem either. Oh, I am unable to scan as well. The copy and fax works though. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Big Al
02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Sounds like a formatter issue. If the printer was faulty it would not process a FAX. If it is not under warranty you could try reseating everything that goes in or out of the board that hosts the formatter, especially the ribbon cables. Most of the time the parts are either made of unobtainum or are so expensive that it is better to replace the machine.

Al

BryanHiggins
03-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Are you using a wireless connection? I have one of these (I'm not very impressed with it, I must say) and had some problems printing via wireless that went away when I plugged it in with an Ethernet cable.