PDA

View Full Version : MFP serial #'s

MichaelTech
01-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Replaced formatters on cm1312, and M2727, and cannot input serial #.
I use a serial JPL command that works with every other printer, but not these.
using a network connection, tried the USB, but no go with either.
HP insists that the command works, but have given no other support.
Any ideas?

MichaelTech
01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
I figured it out, no thanks to HP. They misdirected me at every turn.
The two M2727 MFP's needed a pjl command with an additional line and a net use lpt1 connection. One unit worked with the copy serial command, the other with a print serial command.
The CM1312 needed the standard pjl command, and the serial file printed from the dos box it is opened in.
All have their serial #'s and happy customers! :D

woodss
01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
hp likes to mislead people, they know the truth but only reserved to their service centers.

Saratoga1
10-22-2012, 03:56 PM
I figured it out, no thanks to HP. They misdirected me at every turn.
The two M2727 MFP's needed a pjl command with an additional line and a net use lpt1 connection. One unit worked with the copy serial command, the other with a print serial command.
The CM1312 needed the standard pjl command, and the serial file printed from the dos box it is opened in.
All have their serial #'s and happy customers! :D

Just out of curiosity - have you ever tried or been successful changing the page count on an M2727?

I have had an issue with an HP laserjet M2727 recently in which I was trying to change the serial number and page count due to having to install a new formatter board. After searches I found that I was able to change the serial number with the following:

%-12345X@PJL
@PJL SET SERVICEMODE=HPBOISEID
@PJL SET SERIALNUMBER=XXXXXXXXXX (CHANGE TO YOUR SN)
@PJL SET SERVICEMODE=EXIT
@PJL RESET
%-12345X

I then tried inserting lines to change the pagecount as well (Total pages printed ONLY) which are NOT on the configuration page, but on the usage page printed from the reports section in the control panel.

Several lines I have found on the web include:

@PJL SET PAGECOUNT=XXXX
@PJL SET PRINTPAGECOUNT=XXXX
@PJL DEFAULTPAGES=XXXX

and the like, but none of these worked for me. I stubled across another post in which you can add hex commands such as:

@PJL DMINFO ASCIIHEX = "04000401010109080300dada"
@PJL DMINFO ASCIIHEX = "040005010401020608020319"

In this case, the page count changed, but if you try to print to the printer or print out another page - such as a config page, the Total pages printed total goes back to zero!

I can send the commands again and again. Each time the count shows up after file transfer, then upon printing the very next print - the count resets to zero...

Any ideas? I've tested several files and the ascii character lines are the only ones that seem to change the page count - but it does not hold.

Thanks in advance!