PDA

View Full Version : Hp cm 6040

Jun Laquian
01-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi, I am in Equatorial Guinea, Africa, i got a problem with our Printer HP CM6040. When i make a copy through the ADF,the trailing edge of the scan is cut by a half an inch,and also can someone tells me the pin number of the service menu for this printer. its like the ADF end of page sensor is cutting off after 10.5 inches instead of going the full 11 inches. Thank you for your help.:)

redcow
01-09-2010, 11:48 AM
The PIN is 04604008.

"Calibrate Scanner" is located under the Troubleshooting menu. !st it prints a calibration target and then it will guide you thru loading the target in the ADF.

Jun Laquian
01-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Thank you Redcow for the reply, i will try this asap.

Jun Laquian
01-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi again Redcow, i did the scanner calibration several times but unfortunately the problem remains, i change the ADF settings but still the same, I think that the ADF itself has a problem in mechanical, if you open the ADF is there any adjustment of sensor or solenoid? Thank you for your help.

redcow
01-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Alrite, this is out of the book.
Try it again an follow these directions:-

Issue Description: The “Calibrate Scanner” routine is located under the Troubleshooting
menu and is used to correct for mechanical tolerances in the scanner and ADF which
effect image positioning. The routine first prints a calibration target and then guides the
user thru loading the target in the ADF and then on to the flatbed. The target is scanned
and offsets are created which are then used to define the scanning area when copying.

Solution or Workaround: Use “Calibrate Scanner” when the copied image is not
positioned correctly on the page. The routine will correct for an image that is either too
high or too low on the page, or an image that is too close to the left or right margin.

NOTE: Calibrate Scanner will have NO effect on image skew (copied image is crooked
on the page), streaks, lines, background or other image quality defects.

Jun Laquian
01-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Redcow, I followed every single details from your advice, feed the calibration target, then feed to the ADF face up then face down, i followed what printer was saying then the last was calibrate successful. then when i tried to make a copy the same problem. it will cut the copy by half inch in the last copy. i did calibrate scanner several times but the problem remains. thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

redcow
01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
OK, order an ADF assembly. Q3938-67943

Jun Laquian
01-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Thank you for the ADF part number and to your support.

Jun Laquian
06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi again to all HP experts. i have some problems with Hp 6040, if you can help me is highly appreciated.
1. is someone knows the part no. of the white gear at the top of the fuser unit of 6040 which is engaging to the gear of fuser unit?
2. When i make a copy, for our hp 6040 the half of the copy was only color light green lines and half is good, i did calibrate it but it is still the same.
3. one of our hp 6040 has no lcd display at all and the when you connect the network cable to the printer, there is no light also.
I am hoping that some printer experts will reply to my post. thank you very much.