PDA

View Full Version : HP4000ps GAMUT PCB

Big Al
11-20-2009, 08:52 AM
We had one of these come back. It would pass POST then give an error code of 10.1:10 which the book says could be the GAMUT or the PRINTMECH board. We ordered both but it took a while to get the money authorized then another month to get the parts. When I pulled the GAMUT board the old board had a fan on it. The "New" board was used, which is not a problem for me, but had no fan. There was a film of sticky stuff on the chip. I pried the fan and heatsink off the origional board. There was a piece of silver metal mesh between the sticky stuff on the chip and the sticky stuff on the heatsink. I trimmed the mesh, stuck everything back together, but was concerned that the heatsink and fan would fall off eventually. I put a bead of silicone around the assembly to hold the heatsink to the printed circuit board. Now I am giving the silicone time to set up.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I have not yet fired up the printer to see what gives now.

Al

After letting the silicone set up all weekend I fired up the printer. Had to change all the printheads since this thing has been parked for at least six months. It took a while to get it back here from the west coast, then get the money to buy the boards, then another month or so to get the boards. The printer is working fine now. I still have no idea why they would send me a used GAMUT board without the heatsink on it.

Al