PDA

View Full Version : Lex C-522

jjones
10-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I have a Lexmark c-522. When I print black only I get a strip of Megenta on the right edge of my print. It is also dumping Megenta in the over flow container. I have replaced the Megenta toner cartridge, but it didn't help.
Can someone give me a clue here.
Thank You
Jack

redcow
10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm not familiar with your printer.
That being said, most colour laser printers in test mode allow you to do a "cartridge disable" test. You have the ability to print with cartridges pulled out or in other colour cartridge slots. For example, if magenta is spilling toner, in the test I would be able to switch the magenta and yellow(for example). Now if yellow spills, I know that the slot has something to do with the problem, If the spilling stays with the magenta in yellows' cartridge slot, the magenta is the problem.

See if you can test it like that.

jjones
10-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Thank You For Your Advise.
I'm not familiar with this machine also, but if we do the test and it turns to be the magenta slot can you tell me just what this will take to repair or do you think it may be better to send it to a lexmark dealer.
Thanks again
Jack

cs_steve
10-30-2009, 03:29 PM
You don't get the Magenta stripe when printing Color, just when printing "Black only"?

redcow
10-31-2009, 12:13 AM
CS,

It might not be printing true black. Might be mixing the colours to get black.
He didn't say and I forgot to ask, What happens when you print colour documents?

jjones
10-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I will ask the customer Monday to see if it does it in color as well as black.

jjones
11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
the drum was the problem or part of it anyway.
Thank You
Jack