PDA

View Full Version : HP P1005 vs Samsung ML-1640

eeepc
10-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Hello everyone. I am thinking of buying a monochrome laser printer. My choices have been narrowed down to the HP P1005 and the Samsung ML-1640 printers. I would appreciate your suggestions as to which one to buy. Being able to refill a cartridge would be a great advantage.

cs_steve
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't know what your intentions are for the printer ...

Personally I don't recommend any of the new low-price LaserJets, unfortunately these types of Laser printers are sold to "hook" the purchaser into buying overpriced consumables ...

The manufacturers intentionally sell a "cheap" printer at a low price to hook the consumer ... but then they have to buy toners regularly because these toners generally only hold 2,000-4000 pages worth of toner...(compared to the 10,000-20,000 page count toners available for the business-class printers.) which means you'd be buying toners up to 5 TIMES more regularly than with a business-class printer...

Toner prices alone generally makes it worth getting a business-class LaserJet.

Also you should consider that printers like the 4000, 4100, 4200 series have maintenance parts & reman. toners readily available ... which is not true for the newer , cheaper printers.

If it's for a business use, I would look at a LaserJet 4000/4100/4200 series printers. These will print hundreds of thousands of pages -- even millions of pages, with maintenance.

If it's for home use, you may just want to get an inkjet.

Here are the remanufactured Laser printers we carry/recommend, if interested:
http://www.printertechs.com/refurbished-hp-laser-printer.php