PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Print Server

ggnoob3030
08-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm looking into getting a new printer but need some help on how networking will work. The printer(s) I'll be using don't include network hardware so I'm planning to connect through USB to a print server. Is there something out there that will connect 2 or more printers (USB) to a single wireless print server box. I would rather not have to deal with more than a single box.

I have a current cable modem + wireless router network set up. Will this solve the issue of being able to print from anywhere in the house as well as being able to put the printer anywhere I want as long as the printers are close to each other?

Now if there's a single box that can act as a wireless router + print server at the same time, that'd be even better. I get that I'd have to keep the printer near the box, but is there anything like this out on the market?

The price range I'm looking at is below $70 cause with that price, I can just get the wireless network version of the printer I'm looking at.

The printer I'm looking at is the ML-1630 or ML-1630W or ML-2510. It only needs to print (no multi-function stuff). Is there an easier solution than all this without having to leave a computer on?

I've looked into print servers but couldn't find the specifics I was looking for. I've found single printer wireless servers and some discontinued 2-port wireless servers, but I'm looking for something I can still purchase.